At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Explain current and future challenges and opportunities for hospital based healthcare professionals;
- Describe work-life satisfaction for hospital-based healthcare professionals and implement strategies to create more joy in practice;
- Review common heuristics and cognitive biases in clinical medicine and adopt methods to improve decision making;
- Cite best practices to optimize patient-centric care, communication, and experience;
- Identify practice and policy challenges to observation care and lead effort to improve observation policy that mitigate the negative impacts on patients and improve the decision-making process for hospital admissions;
- List outcomes from effective collaboration with Advanced Practice Providers in hospital medicine and implement changes to improve collaboration;
- Identify key features of a high-risk acute coronary syndrome patient.
This CME program is designed to meet the educational needs of Hospital Medicine Physicians, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, and Residents.
The program will be held at the 3rd floor Conference Center located in the Feinberg Pavilion of Northwestern Memorial Hospital, 251 E. Huron Street, Chicago, Illinois. Directions and parking information are available at www.nm.org.
Discounted parking is available at the Huron-St. Clair garage, located at 222 E. Huron Street or at the Erie-Ontario garage, located at 321 E. Erie Street. Please visit the registration table for parking validation.
Special group rates are available at the Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile, 633 N. St Clair Street for $269 a night plus tax (single or double occupancy). Reservations can be made by calling 888-591-1234. You must mention the Hospital Medicine Conference to receive the discounted rate. Reservations must be made before September 17, 2018, to ensure availability and group rates.
Or you can book directly thru this link.
The Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
The Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 15.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Nurses and other healthcare professionals will receive a Certificate of Participation. For information on applicability and acceptance of certificates of participation for education activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™ from organizations by the ACCME, please consult your professional licensing board.
Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine requires course directors, speakers, instructors, planners and other individuals who are in a position to control the content of this activity to disclose any real or apparent conflict of interest they may have as related to the content of this activity. All identified conflicts of interest are thoroughly vetted by NUFSM for fair balance, scientific objectivity of studies mentioned in the materials or used as the basis for content, and appropriateness of patient care recommendations. The faculty disclosures will be indicated in the course syllabus.
Cancellations must be made in writing to the Office of Continuing Medical Education. The paid registration fee, minus $50 administrative charge, will be refunded if cancellation is received by Monday, September 17, 2018.
The Feinberg School of Medicine fully intends to comply with the legal requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If any participant of this conference is in need of accommodation, please indicate those needs on the registration form or submit written requests to Meeting Achievements at least one month prior to the conference date.
Contact our planning partners at phone: 219.465.1115, email: email@example.com