At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be able to:
MW HM 2019 Main Course Objectives
· Explain current challenges and opportunities for hospital-based healthcare professionals
· Describe healthcare services that do not add value (i.e., not beneficial to patients) and approaches to reducing overuse.
· Summarize evidence based approaches to the management of hospitalized patients with cirrhosis
· Describe common causes of diagnostic errors and methods to mitigate risk related to them
· Explain common causes and management strategies for electrolyte and acid-based disorders
· Summarize the most relevant and potentially practice-changing clinical research related to hospital medicine from the past year
MW HM 2019 Critical Care Pre-course Objectives
· Describe an evidence-based approach to the diagnosis and management of patients with severe sepsis and septic shock
· Formulate a strategy to minimize risk and improve patient safety in the ICU
· Recite the approach to patients with acute hypoxemic and acute hypercapneic respiratory failure
· Describe an approach to ensuring end-of-life care is consistent with patients’ values and goals
This CME program is designed to meet the educational needs of Hospital Medicine Physicians, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, and Residents.
The program will be held at the 3rd floor Conference Center located in the Feinberg Pavilion of Northwestern Memorial Hospital, 251 E. Huron Street, Chicago, Illinois. Directions and parking information are available at www.nm.org.
Discounted parking is available at the Huron-St. Clair garage, located at 222 E. Huron Street or at the Erie-Ontario garage, located at 321 E. Erie Street. Please visit the registration table for parking validation.
Special group rates are available at the Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile, 633 N. St Clair Street for $269 a night plus tax (single or double occupancy). Reservations can be made by calling 888-591-1234. You must mention the Hospital Medicine Conference to receive the discounted rate. Reservations must be made before September 17, 2018, to ensure availability and group rates.
Or you can book directly thru this link.
The Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
The Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 15.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Nurses and other healthcare professionals will receive a Certificate of Participation. For information on applicability and acceptance of certificates of participation for education activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™ from organizations by the ACCME, please consult your professional licensing board.
Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine requires course directors, speakers, instructors, planners and other individuals who are in a position to control the content of this activity to disclose any real or apparent conflict of interest they may have as related to the content of this activity. All identified conflicts of interest are thoroughly vetted by NUFSM for fair balance, scientific objectivity of studies mentioned in the materials or used as the basis for content, and appropriateness of patient care recommendations. The faculty disclosures will be indicated in the course syllabus.
Cancellations must be made in writing to the Office of Continuing Medical Education. The paid registration fee, minus $50 administrative charge, will be refunded if cancellation is received by Monday, September 17, 2018.
The Feinberg School of Medicine fully intends to comply with the legal requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If any participant of this conference is in need of accommodation, please indicate those needs on the registration form or submit written requests to Meeting Achievements at least one month prior to the conference date.
Contact our planning partners at phone: 219.465.1115, email: firstname.lastname@example.org